Harrington Investments has been actively engaged in shareholder advocacy for 25 years. During this time, we have worked to persuade more than 120 publicly traded corporations to increase their economic, social and environmental accountability and responsibility.
Our shareholder advocacy program uses several strategical tactics to promote positive corporate behavior including:
- Communicating directly with corporate management, as well as elected and appointed government officials
- Filing and co-filing shareholder proposals to voice our concerns and to encourage a productive dialogue with corporate management on important social, environmental, and corporate governance issues
- Collaborating and coordinating shareholder advocacy with other investors and national shareholder organizations
- Encouraging companies to initiate innovative policies to further environmental and social responsibility
- Encouraging companies to incorporate codes of conduct for workers in U.S. companies to ensure better human and labor rights.